“Knowledge can make you a therapist, intuition can make you a healer.”
-Nishala Joy Devi
Nicole Anastas Higgins, CLMT, RYT500
Nicole’s passion for transforming lives thru yoga, meditation and massage therapy has spanned over 20 years!
As a licensed massage therapist since 2002, Nicole is a life long learner with hundreds of hours of training and thousands of hours of experience. Her body work intuitive and holistic blending deep work, Swedish massage, assisted stretching and neuromuscular therapy.
In 2008 Nicole started taking her yoga practice more seriously and signed up for an intensive 200 hour Yoga teacher training at South Boston Yoga thinking it was for her own personal journey. During that program she fell in love with teaching and the potential for transformation offered thru Yoga. She went on to complete a 300 hour advanced training in Yoga Therapy and began working more in depth with clients using postures, sequencing, breathing and mindfulness techniques to help students rehab from injuries, ease anxiety, and live healthier happier lives.
Over the last 12 years Nicole has taught a wide range of Yoga from beginner to power, led meditation groups and stress relief workshops at North Shore studios, area companies and health fairs.
Nicole’s classes are challenging yet playful and rooted in the breath and cultivating inner awareness and releasing judgement.
She currently resides in Medford having moved in with her now husband at the beginning of quarantine, with their three teenagers, two cats and one happy dog.
- Endicott College, BS Business Marketing, 1998
- Palmer School of Massage & Bodywork, 650 hours certification, 2001-2002
- Paul St. John Neuromuscular therapy, certification, 2005
- South Boston Yoga, Body Awakening 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training, 2008-2009
- TriYoga Boston, TriYoga 300 hour Therapeutic Yoga Advanced Teacher Training, 2013-2014
- Childlight Yoga, Certification in teaching Yoga to children 2-18 yrs, 2015
- 20 Hour Intro to TCTSY Trauma informed yoga with David Emerson, April 2019