“Knowledge can make you a therapist, intuition can make you a healer.”
-Nishala Joy Devi
Nicole Anastas Higgins, CLMT, RYT500
Nicole has a passion for transforming lives through yoga, meditation and massage therapy.
As a licensed massage therapist since 2002, Nicole has years of education and thousands of hours of experience. Her training includes certifications in Neuro-muscular therapy and Thai massage, as well as training in Swedish, deep tissue, joint mobilization, reflexology, and Polarity energy balancing. Her style is intuitive and integrative, listening to her clients needs and combining techniques to offer deep, thorough and nurturing bodywork.
Nicole completed an intensive 200 hour Yoga teacher training with David Vendetti at South Boston Yoga in 2009. Since then, she has taught Hatha and Vinyasa classes in studios and fitness centers in Boston and on the North Shore. Spring of 2016, Nicole completed her advanced training in Yoga Therapy with TriYoga Boston, and her certification as a Childlight Yoga Instructor adding kids yoga, meditation and other therapeutic classes to her teaching schedule.
She and her husband live in Medford with their blended family of 3 teenagers, two cats and lovable dog, Luna.
- Endicott College, BS Business Marketing, 1998
- Palmer School of Massage & Bodywork, 650 hours certification, 2001-2002
- Paul St. John Neuromuscular therapy, certification, 2005
- South Boston Yoga, Body Awakening 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training, 2008-2009
- TriYoga Boston, TriYoga 300 hour Therapeutic Yoga Advanced Teacher Training, 2013-2014
- Childlight Yoga, Certification in teaching Yoga to children 2-18 yrs, 2015
- 20 Hour Intro to TCTSY Trauma informed yoga with David Emerson, April 2019